● Poor acid resistance
● Weatherability is not excellent, especially the UV resistance
● Difficult to glue and paint
● The Machinery industry used to produce gears, springs, bearings, wheels, connecting rods, impeller blades, etc.
● Automobile industry
● Electronic and electrical appliances
● Fasteners, gun parts, knife handles, and lock systems
Acetal plastic, also known as polyacetal and polyoxymethylene (POM), is a general-purpose, semi-crystalline, engineering thermoplastic. Acetal is often used for parts that require high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability. Dimensional stability is the ability of a plastic part to retain its original dimensions when exposed to changes in temperature and humidity. Therefore,this polyacetal material is the ideal substitute for copper, coated zinc, steel and other metallic materials. There are homopolymer acetal and copolymer. Standard stock for the copolymer. And homopolymer needs to be customized to produce.
POM Key Properties
● High surface hardness, low abrasion consumption, impact fatigue , and shock resistance, low coefficient friction, and self-lubricating, therefore, it is the first material choice for manufacturing gear.
● High mechanical strength and rigidity. Although the contraction rate is high, the dimension is stable.
● Good dielectric properties, solvent resistance, non-stress cracking, no porosity.
● Torsional resistance, can be restored to the original shape when removing the external force.
● Low water absorption