PTFE Key Properties
● Superior endurance in corrosion
● Non-flammable,limited oxygen index is under 90.
● Low friction coefficient
● Non-viscous, Self-lubricating
● Superior endurance in high & low temperature, can be used -200~260℃
● High electrical insulation
● Atmospheric aging resistance
● Low permeability, good gas barrier property
● Good physiological compatibility and anti-thrombotic
● Corrosion resistance: widely used in all chemical containers and parts which contacted with corrosive media, such as tanks, reactors, equipment lining, valves, pumps, fittings, filter materials, separation materials and pipe for corrosive fluids.
● Abrasion resistance: can be used as a self lubricating bearing, piston rings, seal rings, gaskets, valve seats, sliders and rails etc..
● Insulation materials: mainly used in the manufacture of various products with high temperature resistance, high-frequency resistance, electrical insulation and arc resistance, such as high-frequency cables, moisture-resistant cables, capacitor coils, insulating cover for wire, etc..
● Medical materials: such as artificial blood vessels, heart, esophagus, peritoneum, heart devices, a variety of intubation tubes and catheters.
● Non-stick materials: can be used for non-stick coating such as non-stick pan and non-stick roller for food processor
PTFE is a polymer made by polymerizing tetrafluoroethylene as monomer. It is white waxy, translucent, excellent in heat and cold resistance, and can be used for a long time at -180 to 260ºC. This material is acid and alkali resistant, resistant to various organic solvents, and insoluble in almost all solvents. Except for the reaction with molten alkali metal, it is not eroded by any substance, and even if it is boiled in hydrofluoric acid, aqua regia or fuming sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide, it does not show any change. At the same time, Teflon is resistant to high temperature, and its coefficient of friction is extremely low, the lowest among solid materials.